Lead Unity Game Developer
Hyko is looking for a talented Lead Unity 2D Game Developer to join our product team in our Amsterdam office.
Hyko builds an award-winning connected device with app ecosystem for children ages 0 to 12 to teach about climate change and smart energy use through sustainable living. Hyko is one of Amsterdam fastest growing tech startups. We are revolutionising and democratising energy education, hands-on learning, and the way people think about technology and energy.
You will focus on growing Hyko to the next level by building apps and games that interact with physical product or real world. You are first of all a master coder that knows how to build great 2D apps on mobile using Unity, but making you the lead is your experience or ambition to bring everyone together on the tech side of the app.
- Establish and drive the grows of the technical core of the Hyko app. You know how to take charge of a mobile game platform and establish standards and structure other developers will love to work in.
- Develop high-quality games with Unity in C# for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Collaborate with game artists, game/UX designers and developers to develop a digital experiences for kids.
- Ready to take on not just coding, but drive and help with technical aspects around the app like testing, release and improvement.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with programming of which at least 1 year programming interactive 2D games/visualisation.
- Provable experience with Unity or other game engine(s)
- Ideally experience in leading a project and team or the ambition to grow to the next level.
- In the best case you already delivered a successful mobile app into the iOS or Google Play store and can show that as a reference
- Experience working with REST services to exchange data.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer science or related field a plus